Win a copy of the Investment Trusts Handbook 2020
As proud sponsor of The Investment Trusts Handbook 2020, we are pleased to offer you the chance to win one of thirty copies of this hardback book.
The latest updated and expanded edition of this popular annual handbook is an indispensable companion for anyone looking to invest in investment trusts, which are often referred to as the City’s best kept secret.
Featuring fascinating articles by more than a dozen different authors, including analysts, fund managers and investment writers, the handbook is edited by independent financial author and expert Jonathon Davis.
To enter, please fill in the form below to register for updates on our range of investment trusts.
Sign up to keep up to date
- Factsheets and product updates
- Fund manager research and commentary
- Market insight, long-term thinking and investment solutions
Thank you for your interest in entering The Investment Trusts Handbook Giveaway ("The Competition”), for your chance to win a Prize as detailed in paragraph 4 below, all participants are deemed to have read these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by them (the “Terms”). The decision of Standard Life Investments Limited, a company registered in Scotland (company number SC123321) having its registered office at 1 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2LL (the “Promoter” or “we”), is final on all matters relating to the Competition and the Terms, and no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the Prize to anyone in breach of these Terms.
- The Competition is free and open to external clients (the “Client”) who register to receive Investment Trust updates via invtrusts.co.uk, between 1 July 2020 and 31 September 2020 provided that: (i) the Client is a UK resident aged 18 years or over and is not an (a) employee; or (b) family member of an employee of the Promoter or its group, nor a third party directly associated with the administration of the Competition. The Promoter may require you to provide evidence that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
- The opening date of the Competition is 9am British Summer Time (BST) 1 July 2020 and the closing date of the Competition is 17:00 (BST) on 31 September 2020 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries (a) following the Closing Date; (b) incomplete; or (c) otherwise illegible will not be accepted and you will not be entered into the Competition. Any entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will not be accepted.
- To enter the Competition, please register for updates on the Promoter’s range of investment trusts in accordance with clause 1 above.
- There are 30 Prizes to be won. All those who enter their details and register for Investment Trust updates via invtrusts.co.uk will be entered into a prize draw. The participants who are then selected at random from all the entries (the “Winners”) will win a copy of The Investment Trusts Handbook 2020 (the “Prize”).
- The Prize is subject to availability and the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with another of equivalent or higher value without giving notice if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
- The Prize is transferable. The Prize can be gifted to a friend or family member of the Winner (i.e. the Winner can transfer the Prize to a friend or partner). Each Prize is non-exchangeable and no cash equivalent or choice (other than as stated in these Terms) or alternative prize will be available (except pursuant to paragraph 5 of these Terms). Each Prize will be awarded to the Winner selected in accordance with these Terms.
- Entrants may only enter the Competition once. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified and only the first entry from such person shall be valid, provided that the remaining terms of these Terms have been complied with.
- The Winner of the Competition will be notified by email no later than 7 October 2020 (provided a valid email address has been given upon entering the Competition).
- The Prize will be arranged with the Winner and the Promoter. In the event that the Winner cannot be contacted, the Promoter reserves the right to select an alternate winner(s).
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- Any personal data collected from you by the Promoter as part of the Competition will be used lawfully in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and is used solely for (i) the purpose of processing the Competition including identifying the successful participants and awarding the Prizes; and (ii) keeping you up to date on the Promoter’s investment trusts, including but not limited to information on product updates and factsheets, fund manager research and commentary and market insight, long-term thinking and investment solutions.
- If for any reason a technical interruption, fault or site failure occurs when entering the Competition, the Promoter does not take any responsibility for incomplete Competition entries and any incomplete Competition entries will not be considered valid for entry into the Competition.
- We may refuse or disqualify any entry (including entries by Winners), if we have good reason to believe that you have broken these Terms or if you or anyone authorised by you to deal with your entry acts in a way towards us which we reasonably consider to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the Winner is disqualified, we can give the Prize to another person who entered the Competition on these Terms.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the Winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the Prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Singular terms include the plural and these Terms will be interpreted in accordance with English law. If any provision of these Terms proves to be illegal or unenforceable, this shall not prevent the remaining provisions remaining in full force and effect. Any disputes will be subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.